LearnHub

Use of Mathematics in daily life (Discussion)

pksharma saidFri, 16 Jan 2009 17:00:33 -0000 ( Link )

In our daily life every one uses mathematics in one way or the other, without knowing that he/she is applying some impartant rule’s from mathematics . I have made a presentation in this Mathematics Lovers commuinity of some of the examples which we uses in our daily life. Please provide some more examples where one uses mathematics in daily life.

Actions
Vote
Current Rating
Rate Up
Rate Down
3 Total Votes
  1. lprofeta26 saidSat, 18 Aug 2012 20:20:04 -0000 ( Link )

I apply the principal of “the formula” that never changes in a specific challenge, often, I call it a universal or absolute in living. Funny thing is that most in the audience are not trusting enough to accept even basic mathematics they never tested a algebraic formula, the concept is foreign. So I asked them how many gods do you trust, are you Egyptian?
    In high school algebra fascinated me, formula was a short cut in time, developed by brilliant men, other students could not grasp this, so I tutored for a good week’s payout from dads mostly. The kids had a confidence problem not a math learning problem, we read Ivanhoe and the passed, they trusted me and then themselves to deserve a high grade!

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

2. lprofeta26 saidSun, 19 Aug 2012 02:46:11 -0000 ( Link )

I was a fashion designer for many years and textile designer. Measurements were in use every day in the primary kind but the guide line had the precision of mathematics, designing is a flexible pursuit creativity make it so but construction is rigid.

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

3. lprofeta26 saidTue, 21 Aug 2012 14:00:23 -0000 ( Link )

I like laws one can depend on walking down Broadway, after seeing the latest Sondheim wonder and your date is walking temptation in mink to thugs in black beards and filthy whistles, but 911 lights in my hand, law is on the way darling, I whisper in her delicate ear!

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

Your Response
Textile is Enabled (View Reference)